Thursday, November 18, 2010

Flying Tiramisu Cupcakes


Coffee...... The world's love affair with the divine brew has spanned centuries. Its rich aroma and fine flavor have inspired musicians and captivated kings, influenced a pope, and helped to liberate prisoners of war. So who am I to resist it's charms???

Tiramisu has me dancing to the pied pipers tune.... It plays, I follow.....
Traditional Tiramisu is a pudding-like dessert that normally consists of sponge cake or ladyfingers dipped in liqueur, then layered with grated chocolate and rich custard.

But, then again... me being me.... how can I follow any orders.... I want Strong coffee, Soaked cupcakes, Luxurious pastry cream and Rich chocolate.... My craving grow by the minute..... Off I go to make the aaahhhh so very feathery light, blissfully dreamy and huge explosion of chocolate on my tongue that disappears in a flash cause I gobble up the cupcake.....
My poor baby sis says "You eat the chocolate didi and give me the cake"....... I gladly share it with her.....

Hmmmmm...... We are floating....... Mmmmmmm....... The White winged angel is flying with us........ The cupcake is over...POP.... Thud.... Land back in the garden.......

Ingredients
Make the plain vanilla cupcakes.
Make the luscious pastry using any of these recipes You Know.... It's For YOU, Tiramisu..., Chocolate Tiramisu ~ Amrita's Birthday, Cappuccino Tiramisu Cheesecake for Baking Queen ~ Deeba's Birthday.
Make Chocolate Ganache.


Assembly:
1. Remove the centers of the cupcakes, like you could core and apple but not all the way down, saving the tops. Cut the tops off of the cores and set them aside. You'll need them in a minute.

2. Splash a little of the coffee mixture (about 1/2 tsp-1 tsp) in the hole, i used a brush as i wanted an even coating n didn't want to drip the liquid with a teaspoon.[Call me finicky if you want, but I won't have a leaky tiramisu cupcake to deal with in my kitchen, well mom's kitchen really ;) ]

3. Fill the hole with the whipped cream filling (I used a good old piping bag)

4. Put the "cap" back over the hole and press down a bit for the cake to get soaked with the pastry.

5. Refrigerate [This is the most difficult step...... I just couldn't wait for the time to go by... semed like a lifetime]

Tip 1: Tiramisu has to be damp and moist... So ensure you're generous with the soaking syrup, yet careful to not make it Squishy, else it'll fall apart as a mush.
Tip 2: Use aluminum cupcake holders if you can find them, paper ones may get soggy if left for too long.
Tip 3: Let these refrigerate atleast overnight or even upto 2-3 days before consumption in an air tight box or use cling wrap so that they don't lose their moisture in the refrigerator ..... They taste amazing after giving it a longer resting time for the the flavours to marry.
Tip 4: Frost shorty before consumption with the Pastry Cream or Chocolate Ganache.....


These Tiramisu Cupcakes are a cool, refreshing Italian dessert/cake that once tasted, leaves an incredible, indelible impression on you.

It’s sweet and creamy, yet it doesn't taste too sugary, and it doesn't stay in your mouth long enough and just make you crave for another bite. It tastes just absolutely delicious.

Sending these Flying Tiramisu Cupcakes to 'The Chocolate Fest' Hosted by Madhuri at Cook Curry Nook.
‘The Chocolate Fest’ – Celebrating CCN’s 1st Anniversary


Be a part of 'The Chocolate Fest'. Let's levitate together in Chocolate Nirvana!

2 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Very stunning and droolworthy cupcakes, looks absolutely divine..

Kavi said...

yumtastic! Look soo beautiful! :)
-
Edible Entertainment