Friday, November 19, 2010
Happy Anniversary to my Sweetest Grandparents with Sweet Banoffee Pie
Wishing my grandparents a very very Happy Anniversary..... [It's virtual, but am sure they feel it's sweetness] in the midst of all this Tiramisu madness... I needed a break and just had to do something fruit...... So Sweet Sweet Banoffee for the sweetest Grandparents in the whole wide world....... who by the way email me their party/event/baby bird pictures.... are on facebook... want to choose their cellphone n are just so with-it..... :)
My grandparents have already celebrated their 50th anniversary a few years ago..... People these days don't last 5 years... n here they've got over 50 wonderful years under their belt.....
Those are some of my wonderfullllleeeeeest moments with them in the last year.... Nani's Warm New Kitchen... Warm Hugs with Nana.... Chinking glasses on surprise visits to Hyderabad.... The social activity they have is 100 times more than mine... :) n endless shopping n lunch n dinner at friend's places...
2 Ripe Bananas
1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
250 ml Double Cream[Whipped]
Coffee Powder or Chocolate Chips for decoration.
For the Base:
1/2 packet Glucose Biscuits [abt 100gms]
60 gm Butter [softened, not melted]
20gm Grain Sugar
For the base:
1. Crush the glucose biscuits finely [not to powder], mix in the granular sugar.
2. Bind them together with the softened butter till the mixture is course. [i use the back of a spoon, you could use ure hands if you like]
3. Place this on the base of the dish in which you want to make the pie and serve.
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
For the Toffee:
1. Put the condensed milk in a heavy bottom pan and gently bring to the boil stirring continuously so mixture does not burn.
2. Boil till it is a light caramel .
3. Don't over do it as it will make the toffee too hard.
1. Slice the bananas over the biscuit base.
2. Pour cooled toffee over sliced bananas.
You may want to do a double layer aswell for the love of the banoffee.. :-)
3. Beat the cream until stiff and cover the toffee
5. Just before serving sprinkle Coffee powder or chocolate chips for decoration.
So this surprise post for them, with pictures of Nani's surprise birthday party earlier in the year....
Wishing you both a healthy n love filled looooooonnnnngggggggggggg life......