Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Food Art for Kids ~ By my Guest Smita

This is my celebrations for reaching 200 blog posts.... A lot of you will wonder, why am I not making something fancy to celebrate it. Getting to the 200th post has been a journey full of wonderful people who walked with me in life and some joined me thru the blog world.

So I thought of having an event called 'Celebrations' where I would open out my blog to some of my friends who would share some parts of their journey with me as Guest Posts......

This post features my friend Smita of Little Food Junction. Her husband motivated her to blog about her edible creations so formed little Food Junction. Her blog is all about food shaped like things other than food. She's a graphic designer by profession who enjoys cooking n party planning. She loves to paint n click pictures. Salad Art is her real forte.

She gets her kid to eat all sorts of vegetables n fruits by making it look so cool.
I wish i was growing up in this household... am sure I'd not have been as picky as i am ;) Her ability to turn humble ingredients into exotic stories never ceases to amaze me. The 3 creations below are my absolute favorites.

Have enjoyed her healthy artistic creations for a while now.
She's been featured in many papers world wide both online and offline like BBC(UK), Metro(UK), L'espresso ( Italy), Eenadu(Telgu daily, India), The Drum (U.K.), Food-India, The crafty Crow. It's this site Crafty Crow which lead me to Smita's blog. Her zoo collection is just priceless... Totally love it.....


A small something for the Indian readers of Smita.... She will select 1 lucky commenter to win complimentary meal vouchers of QashQai, CP, New Delhi. It's a Med kitchen and bar which takes it's name from a nomadic Persian tribe of the same name. So be sure to leave a note at the end of this post with your location. Readers in other countries can share the same with anyone in proximity of the restaurant.

Smita Writes.....
www.crazyoverdesserts.com


When the super baker Nachiketa wanted me to write a
guest post for her I was surely in a fix - me n baking
OMG thats miles apart ..but with her 200th post celebrations
there was surely a freedom of expression (read cooking n creating).
Since my blog is all about making cute foods for kids I decided
what could be better than making something sweet n cute for my blogger buddy .

Dear Nachiketa I have always enjoyed all ur posts nthe chirpy clicks.
Best wishes for a splendid journey ahead. !!!!!!!!

What do u call a shake that marks the celebration at a close friend's blog ????
Ha Ha !!! I call it Friend Shake indeed ....
This is specially for you, Nachiketa.


Blogging has not only been a platform for my creative
displays it is also a great place for meeting new friends .
This shake is dedicated to my friendship with Nachiketa
of The Variable - Crazy Over Desserts the creative baker
behind all those yummy droolicious cakes n cookies for her
upcoming 200th posts celebrations.

2 comments:

Satya said...

wow congrats for ur 200th post dear,
happy hosting ...happy to know more about smita ,like others i am also big fan of her creativity n her blog ...

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

saumya said...

Thats surely a lovely presentation ...