♥ Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale ♥
♥ Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends. ~Margaret Thatcher ♥
Spending Christmas eve with mom, mamu's and Vimla Aunty was a total delight..... missed Vipin mamu, Archana mami, Suhela mami n the kids...
Caramel Almond Chocolate Brittle
adapted from The Yummy Life
1 cup unblanched (skin on) whole almonds [
1 cup butter [
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 (12 oz.) package milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans [omitted]
Peppermint Candy Canes
1. Toast almonds by spreading them in a single layer on a plate and microwaving on high for 2-3 minutes (stir after each minute).
2. On foil-lined baking sheet, arrange almonds in a single layer over an area measuring approx. 13x9 inches. [Since I used shapes, I poured directly into the cookie moulds]
3. In a heavy 2-quart saucepan combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
4. Cook over med-high heat, stirring constantly with a clean, dry wooden spoon till butter is melted.
5. Continue cooking and stirring for approx. 7-10 min. till candy is the color of the brown skin of the almonds; it will start smoking slightly.
6. Immediately pour candy, without scraping pan, over almonds, covering all nuts.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the hot candy. Wait 1 minute and spread the melted chocolate until it is smooth.
8. Cool and break into pieces.
9. Store in a tightly covered container in cool place or refrigerator.
Mamu found the toffee a bit on the buttery side...... I loved the crushed candy cane's flavour with chocolate...
I ♥ Christmas....