Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rings of Delight ~ Donuts from 'Mad Over Donuts'

“Be sweet and honest always, but for God's sake don't eat my doughnuts!” ~ Emma Bunton


Am quite cuckoo over donuts.... I remember making them as a kid in our SUPW classes[Meal Planning.... yeah... the stuff we do in school]...... made them at home with nani...... the first one was a disaster and after that ...... they flew off the shelf..... there were none left for nani n me...... we ate the left over cut out rounds....... and now the recipe is gone..... couldn't find one to inspire me to get my cutter out of the shelf... [If you have one, pl send it to me.... will be eternally grateful]
What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child? ~Lin Yutang

[Thanks bhaskar for helping with the pictures at the venue..... ;-) ]

I didn't find donuts i liked from then till now.... A new place has opened up in Great India Place [GIP] called 'Mad Over Donuts'....... 1 bite and I fell in love with the place instantly...... Check out their website at http://www.madoverdonuts.com/

The aroma, at their counter just blows me away....... Have joined the wagon of "Mad Over Donuts"

The Aprons say "I'm MAD and I make Donuts".....
Totally cute... :-)

Their variety has grown over a period of time...... they've even got some seasonal ones done with mango..... yummyyyyy......

Just when i was going to take pictures of the donuts, mamu got be these nice white platters, I was looking for...... Yaaaaaayyyyyy..... Thanks mamu.....


"Carameltz- Our homemade caramel fudge! Guaranteed to melt in your mouth."

Donuts.....I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more...... I want more........................................................
They are irrestable.......

4 comments:

Kishi said...

I am glad you like the donuts and the mango and caramel one...when i made the caramel recipe i had no clue if people would like it...but they do seem to love it!!!

Super cool...

Unknown said...

oh mod donuts for sure are amazing...
i love the flavours that were created by chef kishi....
infact i love the cakes she makes too under foodaholics....everything too tempting ...amazing stuff! and my favourite is the passion mint cake by foodaholics!

Unknown said...

My precious :P

Lakshmi Gopal said...

I was in Bangkok recently and I had mu faaaavourite doughnuts at Dunkin Doughnuts. They have more variety than Mad About Doughnuts and most importantly, they never run out of the flavours/fillings on their menu. Mad About Doughnuts at GIP falls flat on both counts, believe me!