Sunday, May 24, 2009

Am I Star Struck? Meeting Dr. Shashi Tharoor at DBM 30

The Delhi Bloggers Bloc organized a DBM in 2 hours flat to meet with Dr. Shashi Tharoor, who was in town on Thursday 21st May 09. Saw the invite on facebook. Wanted to go for it but had another lecture to attend the same day in North Campus at very close timings, something I never miss...... Total Dilemma.......

I wanted to meet him a lot more after going thru his website http://www.shashitharoor.com/, http://www.shashitharoor.in/ and tweets at http://twitter.com/shashitharoor. [I discovered he enjoys food like I do... :-) ]
Aakriti a colleague asked me if I was interested in going..... sure I was.... so Aakriti, her husband and I trudged off to C.P...... Tight shave in timings... but atleast C.P was halfway to getting to North Campus...... Will leave the talk early to get to north Campus in time.

He just blew me away with the ease with which he spoke on any topic, blogosphere, his experience, U.N, politics and yet be so real that he tweets about eating terrible gol gappas during his campaign visit to Noida.


The session was very interesting. He shared his experience with the blogosphere, twitterati and technology.


Then came the open house, people asked him about U.N, education, governance etc...... The only thing I told him after introducing my self as a food blogger who also used her blog as a diary was that if ever he wanted to eat golgappas, haldiram’s was the crappiest place to eat them. If he was ever in noida again, He could get in touch with me for having golgappas.....
And he remembers....
His tweets...

All I can say is....

Someone asked him what are this top priorties as a leader..... his answer was very humbling..... 'Drinking water for his people'.....

I really wish I could have stayed back to have a picture taken with him..... am I star struck or what..... YES I am....... but i’m liking it..... :-)
We need people like him leading the people to greater heights.....


Swagat Sen the Digital Storyteller posted pics at ‘dbm#30 tweet meet with 'Dr. Shashi Tharoor ’ am the one in the orange n white salwar kameez.

What an evening...... :-)
Can't stop Tweeting n chirruping :-)

1 comment:

Stuti said...

Hi Nachiketa!!!
I'm Stuti from Mumbai and have been bowled over by the man himself! Came across your blogpost on facebook, in the group... Lovely pictures. And great to know that he'd be consulting you for his golgappas!!!

Regards.