Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lemon Tart Fan Sharad Gets a Layered Lemon Cake


Happy Birthday Sharad....

He's friend and colleague with a huge appetite for lemon tarts.... and pretty much anything lemon... So his birthday cake could be nothing but lemon..... So here I go make Lemon cake again :)

The cake caused such a flurry at his desk with everyone flocking it that it was impossible to keep the noise down on the floor n everyone peeping to see what's happening..... very obviously Sharad had no intentions of sharing HIS Lemon cake..... poor guy ended up sharing quite a bit while saving some for his wife Richa n son who he calls Little.... he's such an adorable kid...

This calender had been my inspiration for ringing in summers n with it this lemon cake.... am just in love with these fresh bright colours.... They make the world a better place to live in....

The Lemon Cake's recipe is the one I made for Shuchi, with the added lemony flavour as I has special instructions from sharad... "Please slice the cake and put lots of the syrup in the middle aswell"... Aye.. Aye... Captain.....

So readers tell, have you had to share something yummy which you didn't want to? what did you do so save the yummy last bite and not share the goodies?

4 comments:

Tristan Vick said...

Sweet! And I mean that in the sweetest way possible.

My favorite sweet is Red Velvet Cake with a creamy Waldorf frosting. I don't know much about food art... but something about a red cake so bright it's practically glowing wrapped in a blanket of white just dazzles my senses. It's so delicious.

Your sweets look amazing! My sweet tooth is tickled.

Sharad said...

Dearest Nachiketa,
It was really, really sweet & thoghtful of you to bake a cake for me! You are a sweetheart, a darling. I must say I was delighted and indebted at the thought.

And what a cake! What an amazing cake. Not just me, everyone who tasted it (must be a dozen ppl or more) were all praises for it. I took some credit :) since lemon cake was my choice and the instructions about the layer in between ;)

For me, you are my Nigella & Rachael intertwined into one!

ann low said...

WOW! You're such a thoughtful and sweet person. The birthday guy "Sharad" will never forget this birthday ;D

Suma Rowjee said...

Am not really a lemon based desserts fan, but this looks sinful!!