Saturday, April 10, 2010
Chocolate Espresso Brownies for Shuchi's Pre-birthday Celebrations
Shuchi.... My Jerry mouse... met her while doing my MBA.... This woman is one dynamite with loads of will power n determination... add a tonne of hardwork with a big smile..... That's Shuchi for you....
She's working out so I don't feel guilty making these brownies for her and I'm sure she doesn't feel guilty eating them either :)
Kanika and her daughter Saanvi were over from Amritsar.... Had lunch at mainland China and freaked out meeting Saanvi... She's adorable and we share the love of french fries with sauce...
Chocolate Espresso Brownies
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 sticks butter [100gms]
2cups white sugar
4 large eggs
1cups AP flour [i used regular flour and add 1 tsp baking powder]
2 tbsp coffee powder
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9”x9” pan.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter and mix well. (I usually do it in the microwave, heating and mixing every 10 seconds until just melted. A double boiler also works well.)
4. Add 1cup sugar & coffee to the chocolate mix, and stir.
5. Beat the eggs, vanilla, and 1cup sugar until frothy (about 3 minutes).
6. Slowly add the chocolate mix to the eggs, stirring to avoid cooking the eggs.
7. Gently fold in the flour and salt.
8. Pour the mix in the baking pan and level it out.
9. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the center is mostly dry when a toothpick is inserted.
10. Let cool before trying to remove from the pan.
Saanvi freaked out on the ice-cream sundae and totally insisted on having what the kid on the neighbouring table wanted.... yeah we did that too...
Shuchi (via sms) says : Thank you soooooo much nachu!!! Luv u looooaaaaddddssss :)) Brownies are a big HIT..... u r da bestest :))))
Her parents (via sms) say: Nachi ur efforts are commendable... keep it up! Subhash uncle and Veena aunty.
Are you drooling over the computer by now?