Saturday, March 21, 2009

Salamiwich ~ Anyone for Salami Sandwich


Mom called me at work, asking what I wanted to have for dinner, would salami sandwich be ok. What a spoilt brat I am... :-) Told her to get me smiley's with it..... Ha...Ha...Ha.....

Knowing the mom I have, was expecting some healthy bread and juice to be served with it..... right I was.... There was Whole Wheat Bread along with Mixed Fruit Cucumber n Spinach & Orange n Carrot Juice from active.

Got going on my sandwich making spree.....

Mom n chachi were constantly hurrying me up..... n here I was taking pictures.... :-)


I had good fun putting it together.....

The final output was quite nice, mom n chachi both enjoyed it..... I popped in a few extra olives in my sandwich.. :-) I freaked out on the Dijon Honey Mustard. Am a total mustard freak......


Salami Sandwich:

Ingredients
:
  • Whole wheat bread
  • Salad leaves / lettuce
  • Grated Cheese
  • Chicken/Pork salami
  • Mustard [ I liked the sweet flavour of homey mustard]
  • Couple of sliced olives and gerkins
  • Grated cheddar cheese
  • Freshly ground pepper and some salt to taste

Method:
  • Wash and soak Salad leaves / lettuce.
  • Take 2 slices of bread, and cut them into circles with a cookie cutter [or a steel katori would work equally well]
  • Spread Mustard on it both the slices [if you're not calorie conscious use butter n cheese :-) ]
  • Put on Salad leaf/Lettuce
  • Place slices of Salami on it to cover the entire surface of the bread.
  • Place Olives and Gerkins on it
  • Top it up with grated Cheese.
  • Sprinkle freshly ground Pepper and some Salt to taste.
  • Add another layer of Salami on top.
  • Place the other side with the Mustard facing down.
  • Serve with Fries and Sauce.

1 comment:

Deeba PAB said...

Now I know where you get your smiles from!! Great salamiwich!!