Mom called me at work, asking what I wanted to have for dinner, would salami sandwich be ok. What a spoilt brat I am... :-) Told her to get me smiley's with it..... Ha...Ha...Ha.....
Knowing the mom I have, was expecting some healthy bread and juice to be served with it..... right I was.... There was Whole Wheat Bread along with Mixed Fruit Cucumber n Spinach & Orange n Carrot Juice from active.
Got going on my sandwich making spree.....
Mom n chachi were constantly hurrying me up..... n here I was taking pictures.... :-)
I had good fun putting it together.....
The final output was quite nice, mom n chachi both enjoyed it..... I popped in a few extra olives in my sandwich.. :-) I freaked out on the Dijon Honey Mustard. Am a total mustard freak......
- Whole wheat bread
- Salad leaves / lettuce
- Grated Cheese
- Chicken/Pork salami
- Mustard [ I liked the sweet flavour of homey mustard]
- Couple of sliced olives and gerkins
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground pepper and some salt to taste
- Wash and soak Salad leaves / lettuce.
- Take 2 slices of bread, and cut them into circles with a cookie cutter [or a steel katori would work equally well]
- Spread Mustard on it both the slices [if you're not calorie conscious use butter n cheese :-) ]
- Put on Salad leaf/Lettuce
- Place slices of Salami on it to cover the entire surface of the bread.
- Place Olives and Gerkins on it
- Top it up with grated Cheese.
- Sprinkle freshly ground Pepper and some Salt to taste.
- Add another layer of Salami on top.
- Place the other side with the Mustard facing down.
- Serve with Fries and Sauce.