Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trip To Tunganath - Day 3 [Return Journey]

Everyone woke up around 5 and trek 0.5Km to Chandrashila for the most majestic sunrise. I was just not able to get out of the blanket…. Just kept sleeping. These guys came back with rave reviews about what they saw….

I guess I missed this bit…..

From Day 3 - Sun R...

From Day 3 - Sun R...

From Day 3 - Sun R...

From Day 3 - Sun R...

From Day 3 - Sun R...

This was the tent which saved us from the hail storm….

From Day 3 - Sun R...

From Day 3 - Sun R...

And this one saved Vivek sir and Puneet Makkar.

From Day 3 - Sun R...

Remnants of the hail storm…..

From Day 3 - Sun R...

We packed up the tents and started our trek back towards the temple…

At the temple, I decided to take the pony on the way down too as my legs were really hurting and I knew that I’ll be complete liability on the group……

From Day 3 - Sun R...

From Day 3 - Sun R...

After coming down, we packed the stuff back in the car and began our drive back…..

Most of it was great….. did great timing…. The statutory vomiting session in the hills did happen….. hats off to the group for going out with me even after knowing that I get sick in the hills…. Reached Haridwar in time….

n then started the ordeal on the road….. Asaramji was visiting and and all the roads till Roorkee were completely jammed….

Thankfully there was police force deployed on the way else we would have been doomed till the morning…. Mad hatter and Vivek had to bear the brunt of driving in this almost stagnant traffic…..

We reached Noida back at 4:40am…..

It was such a wonderful trip….. but I guess it will take me another year to have the guts to do something like this again… ;-)

I have to really admire this group of people where we worked like a team… we had disagreements but were able to sort them out in a complete Win-Win….. there were different agendas at strake but still everyone was able to do what they had set out to do…..

Some people were faster and people like me slower during the trek….
Some people were faster and people like me slower in getting ready to leave…. ;-)
There were finicky people and some ready to rough it out……
I like this song… I don’t like this song……
I like to eat this… I don’t like to eat this…..
I want to go here… I want to go there…..
I want to stay longer… I don’t want to stay here anymore…..
I want to sit in the corner…. So do I…….
He is the CTO…. She is a Product Manager…. He is a Product Manager… She is the boss’s WIFE… HE is the part of the almighty TECH Team……

Yet the group was able to accommodate all this happily…. And achieve what each one set out to do.

People generally do this trekking trip in 7 days http://www.thehimalayanadventures.com/chadershilla-peak.htm…. We did it in 3 days…… aren’t we now suppose to all be called Mad Hatters to get into this…..

Another crazy person like us who did a similar trip in 4 days http://trekwords.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/chopta-tunnath-chandrashilla/

About Tunganath

Trip To Tunganath - Day 1 - Photos

Trip To Tunganath - Day 2 [Trek to Deveria Tal] - Photos of Okhimat and Photos of Trek To DeveriaTal

Trip To Tunganath - Day 2 [Trek to Tunganath] - Photos

Trip To Tunganath - Day 3 [Return Journey] - Photos - Sun Rise and Way Back

4 comments:

Gunjan Kathuria said...

I just wonder how many ladies would have made it b4 u n julie.......hats off to both of u .... well male section of the group do has its share.This seems to be one of the most adventurous trip I have ever heard of!!!!
it takes unusual determination to do it .. n u al did it !!!! KUDOS!

Nachiketa said...

@gunjan - adventurous... u bet it was.... was quite scared for most part of it..... but it was good fun...

julie is really rock solid... have to give her an award for grit, courage and determination....

yash said...

Hi Nachiketa..

Beautiful place & gr8 snaps.

Yash

SG said...

Awesome pics.. !

If you get time, chk out pics from my treks @ 04p050.blogspot.com

And who about writing a travelogue too .. ?