Shimit Amin Director
Jaideep Sahni Screenwriter
Aditya Chopra Producer
Sudeep Chatterjee Director of Photography
My mom and sis for watching this movie with me the first time and a very dear friend for watching it with me the second time (her first…. Yes… I bullied her into it.)
I had caught the trailer of 'Çhak De India' when I went for Harry Potter and The Order of the
Chak De had the entire hall cheering as if the match being played by someone in their family.
P.S.: My favourite scene in the film is the one where the team goes to McDonald’s where they beat the living daylights out of a gang of eve-teasers wihout any help from a male!! As shuklaji called it “Rakshason ki sena”
That moment taught a team to be a team….. we were rolling in our seats….
Yes, that was the yash raj studio canteen doubled up as a McDonald’s. Have u ever seen a real McDonald’s without an A/C????????
It is so deliciously fulfilling that you want to give the writer and director a clap on their back for depicting the gender war in an urbane recreational zone without trivializing the larger issues involved.
The 16 girls have bought alive the movie like noone else..... Preeti Sabarwal, Komal Chautala, Bindia Naik, Vidya Sharma, Gul Iqbal, Molly Zimik, Mary Ralte,Balbir Kaur,Aliyah Bose, Gunjan Lakhani, Rani, Nethra Reddy, Soimoi. They Rock. Their effort shows
The first match the Indian team wins in the international arena is against
Of course, now,
The only true villain in the story is narrow-mindedness and a limited outlook, personified in the holier-than-thou media, the apathetic hockey board, and characters such as the self-obsessed new vice captain of the Indian cricket team.
After a point it doesn’t matter whether the girls are playing hockey.
It’s not the sport. It’s the spirit that shines through in every glistening frame of this tale that needed to be told before hockey became as obsolete as films about people who play to redeem their souls.
I like this film more because it speaks about achievement, belief, faith, ambition, intent, commitment, selflessness, team work,… all good traits essential not just for a successful sportsperson, but for anybody in any walk of life.
Yes, you can use it in the corporate world aswell.
- Jo nahin ho sakt, wahi tho karna hai.
- Mujhe states ki naam na sunayie dethe hai, na dhikaie dete hai. Sirf ek mulk-a-naam sunayie detha hai, I-N-D-I-A
- Humla samne wali team ke dimag par karo, field mein goal apne aap ho jayega
- Har team mein bas ek hi gunda ho saktha hai, Aur is team ka gunda mein hun!
- Vaar karna hai to mardho ki tarah aage se karo… Woh kya hai ki humari team me chakke nahi hote!!
- Chandi (Srk referring to his silver medal) Ko Sone Me badlne ki koshish kar rahaa hoon.
- Pehli baar kisi ghore ko Bharath ka jhanda leharate hue dekh raha hoon.
- Marr jaayenge - par haar ke nahi aayenge!!
- Srk wasn’t hogging the entire screen with his slurrrrrrrrrr,
- Awesome real depiction of Indian women's sports
- The hilarious though exaggerated scene in McDonalds….. Just brilliant J
- No songs with the women in sexy dressing dancing in clubs or around trees.
- Bad Bad Girls song lyrics Click here for the lyrics
- Maula mere le le meri jaan son... Click here for the lyrics
- This is the story of a team so... - Click here for the lyrics
- chak de india song lyrics - Click here for the lyrics
- Badal pe paaon hai song lyrics - Click here for the lyrics
Coming soon …. Chak De and me