Friday, December 17, 2010

Super Cheeeezzzzzyyyyy Cheese Dosa ~ Never met a calorie I didn't like

“Nothing says holidays, like a cheese log.” Ellen DeGeneres

Have been on a holiday in Hyderabad at my grandparents for my mom's birthday........ my brother's favourite dosa place is Minerva Coffee shop at Amrutha Mall[They are online aswell, you can visit their site Minerva Coffee Shop and read a Review on Times city.] close to our place and my granddad, this trip's special guest love DahiVada...... So Dosa-Idli dinner it was gonna be......

Choices....Choices....Choices.... What should I eat[Not too much suspense there.... Didn't my post tittle give it all aways :)].... I was toying with Paneer and Vegetable Dosa (Seasoned chopped vegetables and grated cottage cheese enveloped in dosa and served with sambar and coconut chutney) Palak Dosa (Seasoned spinach paste brushed on plain dosa and served hot) Paneer Makhani Dosa (Cubes of cottage cheese in thick makhani gravy filled inside the dosa and served) Diet Dosa (Pancake made from special batter on hot pan covered with lid and cooked by its own steam without oil) Vegetable Diet Dosa (Steamed dosa topped with seasoned chopped vegetables and served hot with coconut chutney and Sambar)

So what did I end up with....... Cheese Dosa........ Just to double check that I was getting Cheese n not Paneer[Cottage Cheese] . The gentleman answered me spot on with 'Amul Cheese' When I had Cheese Dosa last time... I was 20 Kgs lesser and many moons younger n never thought twice or for that matter even once about eating an entire tin of Amul cheese.... :) WOW!!!!! what bliss...... Ok so toss the salad n diet in the bin...... I've decided to B-I-N-G-E...... super cheese overdose..... Yes those Stalactites and Stalagmites are created by melting... oozing cheese......
Cheese is milk's leap toward immortality. Cliff Fadiman

A Cheese Dosa recipe and a video to make one too, Veggie Flavours shares her Cheese Dosa. There's even a group on facebook called 'Cheese Dosa rocks!'.... and do I 'Like' it or what...... :) Their description reads 'Cheese Dosas are the best things in existence!'..... got it spot on...

My other fav was ordered my nanaji.... Onion Utttapam[Leaving the uttapam stories for another day... they warrant another post only for themselves :)].

Leaving you with a few more cheeseeeeeeyyyyyyy thoughts.... National Cheese Day is on 20th January.... Happy National Cheese Lovers Day![In advance.... as i just had my Super duper Cheeeessseeeeyyyyyy day]

2 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

cheese dosa looks wonderful

Vanishri said...

hey, we have been eyeing the minerva coffee shop for sometime now, but couldn't go. After your
Onion Utttapam picture... its going to be very soon